I’m back! (If you didn’t notice on Saturday) So……….what all have I done while I was away from WordPress?
First, If you are new to my blog and have no idea what in the world I am talking about read this post. Then come back, and read this one.
I did lots of things while I was gone. Thanks to my Saviour, I was able to be very productive. However, that’s not to say that I didn’t mess up a lot, struggle with pride, laziness, sin, et cetera, and waste a lot of time that could’ve been spent in better ways. Obviously, I have a lot of my own problems and struggles, but that doesn’t mean I’m not blessed or that I’m not growing. God has promised that he WILL perfect me into the image and likeness of his son, Jesus.
“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;” -Romans 8:28-29 (NASB)
So here’s what I did with my break from blogging!
- I read books. I mean LOTS of books!!!
I read Sir Gibby by George MAcDonald (just so you know George MacDonald is my favorite Author). It was an awesome (I mean an AWESOME) book! You should read it if you have time.
I read When People Are Big and God Is Small by Edward T. Welch. No matter who you are, you need to read this book. It’s practically life-changing. In fact it is life-changing. I am so glad I read it. This was (and is for that matter) a wonderful book!
I read Will Our Generation Speak? by Grace Mally. This is probably the most impacting book I have read. I wrote a post about it here. Please read that post if you can. It is more important than this post. If you can’t buy this book, please try finding it at you local library, or try requesting it from them. You absolutely need to read this book. It needs to be at the very top of your “To Read” list right now!
I’m reading (as in I’m not quite finished) Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper. It’s good so far.
I’m reading Anxious For Nothing by Max Lucado. Already, I recommend it. Particularly if you struggle with anxiety. Max Lucado has a balanced view of anxiety, in my opinion. Anxiety is not a sin. So don’t be anxious about being anxious. It’s a really good book so far.
I’m reading The Potters Promise by Leighton Flowers. I’m really enjoying this book. With all the other books I’ve been reading, somehow I haven’t finished this book, but so far it has been wonderful. It’s a biblical defense of traditional soteriology, which is really refreshing. Do get it and read it! Even if you’re a Calvinist, it will at least give you an accurate view of the other side.
I’m reading A Father Offers His Son by Scott Lapierre. It’s looking pretty good so far. Look out for a post on this book
I’m in the middle of reading other books too, but I will oblige you and move on from books.
- I processed and canned food!
My current count of canned tomatoes is 11 pints and 11 quarts
My current count on applesauce is 30 quarts and more on the way.
It’s been lots of fun and a lot of work (!!), and I’m excited to see how many cans of applesauce will get on the canning shelf this year. I’m already at a record!!! This has been my very first time canning tomatoes, so that was also exciting. We have a really nice pressure canner which made the canning process turn out a lot easier than I expected.
- I fed and then weaned two adorable baby kids (as in goats).
Chibi and Fudgesickle have grown up! See this post here for their cute baby pictures! They are still small (small enough to be master escape artists….ugh, how many times have we put them back in their pen today?), but they are both big enough to eat grass on their own and not drink from a bottle! Hurray!!
- Rain came!! (Yeah, that was a while ago..) We were excited after a summer of mostly no rain. (Did it rain this summer? Maybe sometime…I don’t remember) Anyway, here are pictures of our first “real” rain shower. Once again these are from weeks ago. How did it get to be October?
Fun with water droplets and fun with Photoshop!
- I grew a lot in my faith. I read a lot of scripture. And I’ve begun something that I still think is a little crazy, to say the least. I read an article (you can read it here) that I got from one of the books I read. It was talking about “extended scripture memorization” and how we need to do it. Like…memorizing whole chapters? No….like memorizing whole books!! So here I am, trying to memorize the whole book of Philippians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s going better than I thought. So far, I’ve memorized up to Philippians 1:10. I’m supposed to have it all memorized by the end of February 2019. So, I guess you’ll have to keep me accountable!
- I’ve been called.
Let me explain. I could’ve said “I’ve been convicted”, but I wanted to get your attention first. This is really important. I’ve been called to share the gospel and I’ve been convicted about my lack of sharing the gospel. You should read this post. When talking to my dad about how the Lord’s been pulling on my heart for the unsaved around me, and the need I felt for us to go out into the world to evangelize, my dad told me “I believe that we are all called to evangelize. But I think you have a special calling for this”. At the moment I just said “Really?” and sort of laughed it off. But when reflecting on it, I was scared! Why me, anyway? The most evangelism I’ve ever done would be leading a bible study at a Christian outreach camp as a counselor. This doesn’t make sense. But then I feel this tugging on my heart and I wonder…………is God calling me in a special way to evangelism? Anyway, I could use some prayer in this area.
- I’ve gotten lots of planning done and renergized
- My vision for this blog has been refreshed and refocused
- Fall calving began. Which means….lots of really cute calves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Cows were released onto fall pasture and really enjoyed the green lush grass. “After all it is better than…….didn’t we eat grass in the summer too? I mean we had some hay too, but….well anyway it was good.” Oh, sorry the cows decided to start talking!
- I’ve drafted a couple blog posts in a notebook…..this is actually one of them.
- We finished our buck barn.
- We hatched two chicks and our chicks that we bought grew up a lot!
- I’m pretty sure I did more than that, but that’s about all I can think of right now!
What have I been up to now that I’m back?
Schoolwork for one thing. Farm-work for another. Stacking firewood, doing cattle roundups, helping with various farm projects. Writing these blog posts. Praying, studying, crying, laughing, smiling, reading, cooking, listening, waiting, and everything else. I’m planning to revamp the photo gallery soonish. It has some problems, such as not loading very well and needing to be updating. I’m planning to add some other things too.
What have you been up to? What has the Lord been showing you in your life? I would love to hear from you via my contact form here! It always makes my day to hear from you guys!
If you’re wondering what my schedule is, I’ll tell you. I don’t have one! I may post on Mondays. I may post on Wednesdays. I’ll usually post on Saturdays. If I don’t have anything I won’t post. But if I do have a profitable post to post, I will! Wednesdays will usually be around the area of farm life, photography, et cetera, and Saturdays will usually be about what the Lord has been laying on my heart spiritually. But I’m gonna be flexible.
Have a wonderful day!!!
“No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.” -John 15:15 (NASB)