Welcome to the Q&A post, where I answer 50 question!!! Thank you to every single person who asked me a question for this Q&A. Also thank you to every single person who follows and supports my blog! I would like to give an extra big thank you to Ariana from ariana’sflyinglife.wordpress.com for giving me 20 questions and reblogging my post so that I would get enough questions. So without any further ado, here comes all 50 questions! (Disclaimer: these are in no particular order)
- Q: What is your favorite animal? A: Currently my favorite animal is my dog.
- Q: Have you ever taken an airplane ride? A: No.
- Q: Have you seen a giraffe before? A: At the Zoo??
- Q: What do you love most about living on a farm? A: Either spending more time with my family or working with my hands.
- Q: What is your favorite dog breed? A: Currently my favorite dog breed is a Bluetick Coonhound (’cause that’s what my dog is) but I also like English Shepherds.
- Q: What is your favorite color? A: Blue.
- Q: What do you think God has called you to do with your life? A: At this point, I do not specifically know what God has called me to do with my life. For right now, he simply wants me to serve and prepare for whatever he has planned for me. Whatever his plan is I know it is the best plan he could ever have for, and I pray that I will always try to humbly submit to his better plan for my life. I have so much more to say on the subject….but on to the next question.
- Q: I’d like to know if you’ll have your own farm when you get out on your own. A: Lord willing, I’d absolutely love to (really badly).
- Q: Ice-cream or cake? A: Ice cream!!!
- Q: What is your favorite dessert? A: Cheesecake. It’s awesome.
- Q: When do you feel closest to God? A: Right after I’ve been obedient to him. Often obedience looks like praying and reading my bible when I feel the Lord urging me to do so. These are also a source of joy and closeness with my Lord and savior.
- Q: What is your favorite food? A: Ummm…really hard question. I think I’ll say Homemade Alfredo!
- Q: The mountains or the beach? A: That’s an even harder question!!! It’s really a tossup, but I guess I’ll say the beach because it’s usually colder there.
- Q: What is your favorite Bible verse? A: I usually change it every two weeks or so but I think either Jeremiah 1:19 or Matthew 11:28-29. I’ll have them at the bottom of the page.
- Q: What are some of your favorite posts you have done? A: Probably “Who are the Least of These” and “Be Still and Know…The Lord of Hosts is With Us” would be my personal favorites.
- Q: What is your favorite book of the Bible? A: Psalms!! Or is it Philippians? I don’t know.
- Q: Do you like fire or ice better? A: Probably ice? Generally I prefer being too cold than too warm.
- Q: What is your favorite TV show A: I haven’t really watched a whole lot of TV shows. Does The Rifleman count?
- Q: What is your favorite thing to photograph? A: My favorite thing to photograph is roses.
- Q: Have you been over the ocean? A: Assuming I’m reading that correctly, no.
- Q: What person in Scripture stands out to you the most and why? A: Peter. Because even though he denied Jesus 3 times, he repented and became one God’s greatest instruments.
- Q: What pets do you have (if any)? A: We have 2 cats and a dog. And no, they do not really live in peaceful harmony with each other, but they can keep their distance from each other. The problem is when our Bluetick Coonhound thinks the cats are Coons…..then sometimes the dog ends up treeing a cat.
- Q: What are 3 childhood movies? A: I know I already mentioned this one but: The Rifleman!! Also The Little House on the Prairie (Until I read the books). Next probably comes Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Q: How do you make your graphics? A: I use Photoshop and I love using the pen tool. I really don’t know anything about how other people do it.
- Q: What is your favorite movie? A: Either Couragous, Faith Like Potatoes, or Love Comes Softly.
- Q: What is up your fave book? A: Other than the Bible, I really don’t know. Probably Bun Hur: The Tale of the Christ (I’m in the middle of it right now). Or maybe Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I really don’t know.
- Q: How long have you had your current Bible? A: I’ve had my current ESV Study bible for almost 2 years now. I’m hoping to get another more portable NASB version soon-ish
- Q: Tell us about daily life on your farm. A: My daily life on the farm is wonderful awesome. I’ve been seeing that more people want to hear about the farm side of my life not just the theology side, so I’m planning on doing more farm-related posts. I answered this question more fully here.
- Q: Can you tell us more about your farm, maybe about the animals on your farm? A: Umm… let’s see. We have something around, over, or under 100 cows. We have about 25 chickens, including a rooster and a couple pullets. We have 2 cats and 1 dog. We have something around 10-15 goats. (I’ll go and count later. It’s just we keep on selling and buying goats). I think I will more fully explore this question in a blog post.
- Q: Also, in your 3 day 3 quote challenge, what do you mean when ‘jumping up and down on one leg’ Why one leg? (If too personal don’t worry!) A: LOL. When I’m really excited, I’m really impulsive, so I do silly things like jump up and down on one leg. I don’t really know why. I can be a bit clumsy sometimes. It’s more like my way of saying “I was so excited I couldn’t contain myself”. If you would like to see this post, see it here.
- Q: What is life on the farm like? A: Life on the farm is a lot of hard work. It’s also a lot of fun. One of my favorite things are the starry nights and the beautiful landscapes. I’m thinking of doing a blog post series on the 5 benefits of being a farm kid. (#1 would be Work Ethic)
- Q: What is your favorite pie? A: Apple pie every time! (I mean MAYBE peach pie would be nice…)
- Q: What made you want to blog in the first place? A: I had to share my ideas/thoughts in some way! Every time I opened my bible and learned something really cool and wonderful, I wanted to share it with someone!
- Q: What are three things that inspire you to write, now that you have your blog up and running? A: 1) My Bible 2) My Life 3) Other bloggers.
- Q: How did you come to Christ? (this may be too long) A: Yah, it’s probably too long but here is the super shortened version. Maybe I’ll do a blog post or something later on it. I’ve grown up in a wonderful Christian home so I don’t have this worldly background that Christ saved me from. I was still born a horrible sinner. The first time I remember crying out to God in repentance was one Sunday when I was 6 years old. I had been reading the book of Jonah on our way to church and had been reading about the Ninevites repentance. Something in me wanted that and I wanted Him. I have simply grown from then.
- Q: Of the book reviews you do, why did you read those books in the first place? (What drew you to them?) A: Generally I first read books because either they’re on the shelf in the house, I’ve researched them, or someone at church recommends them. Really I read lots and lots of books so if it’s a clean fruitful book, I read it.
- Q: If you could have ANY wish granted what would it be? A; Other than like seeing Jesus face to face and all that……maybe getting a guitar?
- Q: How many siblings do you have? A: I have four. 3 sisters, 1 brother.
- Q: What is your dream job? A: Probably working with babies as a nurse? (Not the giving them shots part.)
- Q: What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? A: Generally anything chocolaty. My favorite specific flavor is Baskin Robins Gold Medal Ribbon ice cream flavor.
- Q: What is your dream vacation? A: Maybe going to Israel?
- Q: When did you start blogging? A: I started blogging 5 months ago
- Q: What do you do in your free time? A: I blog, try out new hairdos, do photography, play with my younger siblings, and have theological discussions with my family.
- Q: What denomination of church are you, if any? A: I am a follower of Christ. I don’t have a denomination label and I don’t need one. As for my theological beliefs, they are much to long of a list to put here.
- Q: If you had a superpower, what would it be? A: Selfishly, I would like to be able to turn invisible. But in the long run I would probably prefer flying.
- Q: Do you like to read? A: YESSSSS!!!! I absolutely love reading! I could all day long and read 21 books a week, but my family would probably not like that and besides, there is a time for reading, and there is a time to put your book down. But I read a lot. By the time I was 13 I had already read books like Wuthering Heights (I didn’t like that one much) The Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist, and I was and still am struggling to find enough books to read to keep up with my reading appetite.
- Q: Do you play an instrument? A: Yes! I play the cello. I play a tiny bit of piano, but not enough to count. I also like to sing.
- Q: What is your preferred version of Scripture? (NKJV, NIV, etc.) A: My preferred is NASB, but my main bible is an ESV and I also use some of NKJV. I don’t think there is a “perfect” translation and I think the best thing to do is look at a more than one accurate word-for-word translation.
- This one is my favorite one ever so I saved it for last. Thanks to HEAVENSREEF for asking this question!
- Q: I would like to know…….because I experience this myself and another blogger has agreed with me……if when you write about and for GOD that not only are you HIS instrument, but HE seems to lead you in your words and gives you ideas you never would have thought of yourself!? When you blog……does HE meet you there??
- A: Yes and Yes!!! Particularly some days, it feels like during my bible study (or during prayer time, or really anytime), the Lord just lays on my heart a particular subject, and leads me in ways I never would have thought of on my own. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” -Isaiah 55: 9 (ESV)
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY READ THIS ENTIRE POST!!!!!!!!
Also thank you to all these people who gave me questions to answer:
- A New Life
- Hannah Gaudette
- My Way Home Life
- Middle Mary
- Ariana’s Flying Life
- Simply Sapphire Song
- Learning to Live: Struggling to Thrive
- Crafts of All Seasons
- A Star of Hope
- Unconquered Faith
Have a great day! (Don’t worry. I don’t think I’m every going to do such a long Q&A again. Maybe do more like 20 questions next time?)
Take my survey here.
Also, comments are open for a limited time!
My Current Favorite Bible Verse:
“They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you.” -Jeremiah 1:19 (ESV)
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” -Matthew 11:28-29 (ESV)